Job Summary: The Parts Manager ensures inventory control for supplies and equipment. The basic function of the Parts Manager is to control the movement of parts and accessory inventory in, through, and out of the departments. The Parts Manager will assist, sell, and service the customers of Renegade Truck Equipment, Inc.
You ensure that your team is responsible for supporting the Company vision and mission. Because you will be in contact with customers, and you are in a strong position to influence their satisfaction and our Company’s prosperity, this position requires tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- 5+ years parts management.
- Should be computer literate familiar with Microsoft software.
- Energetic and customer driven.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be able to work in an environment which requires lifting (up to 50lbs).
- Courteous customer communication skills and excellent people skills are essential.
- Knowledge of Oracle/NetSuite Software a plus.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the parts department including inventory control, pricing, deliveries, invoicing, warranty claims, etc.
- Must be able to do unsupervised accurate part number research, using parts manuals, schematics, and various written material.
- Ability to pick, pack, and ship parts in a timely and accurate manner (must be able to lift 50 lbs.)
- Assist accounting with reconciliation of book inventory to periodic physical inventory.
- Answer phones and greet customers.
- Handle all types of customer parts inquiries to include estimating parts pricing for retail customers as well as the Sales and Service Departments.
- Complete weekly and monthly cycle counts.
- Supervise parts assistant.
- Any other duties the GM may feel are necessary to assign.
- Office environment, with some outdoor exposure.
- The noise level is usually moderate in the office and loud in the shop.
- Fast-paced environment: subject to numerous schedule and priority changes and short notice activity.
Additional Duties: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. You will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job- related duties as requested by ownership.